In case of emergency CALL 911
24 Hour Emergency Numbers
National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Girls and Boys Town Teen Hotline 1-800-448-3000
24 Hour Text Line – Text “Start” to 741-741
Remember, when you are alone and discouraged, everything appears worse than it is.
What you need is support to get you through the current crisis. Seek out a counselor, clergy, doctor, parent, teacher, or a friend you trust. Pray, and remember God cares and has a plan for each of us!
Know that depression and addiction are treatable.
Catholic Social Services provides professional social services to individuals and families of all faiths in western South Dakota.
Suicide Warning Signs
- Changes in appetite
- Negative thinking
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing from friends and family
- Talking about seeking revenge
- Extreme mood swings
- Feeling anxious or agitated
- Preoccupation with death
- Risk taking or behaving recklessly
- Declining grades or work performance
- Depressed mood
- Giving away possessions
- Feeling numb or like nothing matters