Catholic Social Services, in collaboration with the Diocese of Rapid City and with the blessing of Diocesan Administrator Father Michel Mulloy, announces the establishment of a COVID-19 response fund for western South Dakota families.
CSS will allocate the funds, prioritizing applications from households anywhere in western South Dakota that meet one or more of the following conditions:
- A household member who has a positive test for COVID-19, which has adversely impacted the family’s income.
- Temporarily lost employment or income due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has adversely impacted the family’s income.
- Health care providers in the family whose employment has resulted in financial hardships for the family.
- Lost income due to a lack of childcare.
- Members with pre-existing medical conditions that has caused them to self-quarantine, resulting in financial hardship for the family.
At this point, CSS has limited financial resources to assist with this effort and the amount of assistance per household will depend on available funding and the number of applicants.