- You were made to do HARD things
- Uplifting Parents Program participants like to have some fun too!
- Lakota Circles of Hope Partners with Rural American Initiatives
- The Third Time’s a Charm for Uplifting Parent’s Participant Dani Hersrud’s College Success
- CSS Staff and Volunteers helped with disaster relief in Oglala in November and December.
This group is meant for anyone caregiving a child who has prenatal alcohol and/or meth exposure, a diagnosis is not necessary to be a part of this class. We will
This group is meant for anyone caregiving a child who has prenatal alcohol and/or meth exposure, a diagnosis is not necessary to be a part of this class. We will discuss what has changed in the child’s brain and how this affects their behaviors.
Parenting tips and many tips on how to help the other people in your child’s life understand their needs. There will be discussion about how to interact successfully with the team involved in the child’s life. This team will include the school personnel, therapists, other family members and often other agencies including the Department of Social Services.
This 8-week class will meet for an hour and a half per session. Cost is $20 per session (scholarships are available). Over the 8 week course topics covered will be:
FASD alphabet soup, brain basics, FASD & the attachment paradigm, FASD & Sensory processing, FASD & secondary disabilities, FASD & the school system and much more.
(Tuesday) 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Catholic Social Services
529 Kansas City St, Rapid City, SD 57701